Thursday, November 7, 2013

Nivea Charges Phones With Solar Power

Early this summer Nivea moved mountains in surprising marketers that traditional print advertising can still hold a very strong effect on today's consumers if used properly. Nivea’s marketers asked themselves, “How can I delight my potential customers and have them think of my brand every time they go to the beach?”

Before I give anything else away, check out this quick video that describes the campaign.


        Yes, Nivea’s not a solar panel manufacturer, but a sunscreen and cosmetics company. However, their latest print ad made an impact on promoting solar PV. Nivea manufactured a clever solar –powered charger that was wrapped inside a magazine print ad so that people could charger their cell phones and devices as they lounged on the beach.

I would like to say touché to Giovanni + Draftfcb, who were the ad agency behind the creation and promotion of this ad in the Brazilian weekly news magazine Veja Rio. I know times are hard for solar PV manufacturers, but if you want consumers to truly ask for your brand by name, you ought to duplicate this guerrilla marketing move by Nivea. 

Think about it, you’re on the beach reading a magazine and then you see your phone is dying but you not ready to leave the beach to just go charge your phone. Well thanks to Nivea and their revolutionary magazine advert you don’t have too. This was a brilliant way to target Nieva’s potential customers by giving them a convenient outlet to fulfill their digital necessities. I really admire how the campaign bridged the digital and print divide to actually become a useful piece of content.

                                 Photo taken by By 生活童話

With Nivea sunscreen and a solar cell phone charger, you can stay at the beach until the sun goes down! So, no worries about sunburn, playing your music, text messaging, or watching videos while you play in the sun. Manufacturing an 8 ½” 11” thin-film panel within a magazine made it even more desirable to a customer because it solves an actual need that Nivea’s buyer persona have a visual, tangible, and digital manner. 

The ad also achieves something that is virtually impossible to do with print media: relevancy through be able to incorporate with users' current place. We need more campaigns like this from solar panel manufacturers. The whole point of the ad is to be a tangible resource that affects your actions. The more we see solar panels in everyday situations, the faster it gets to being mainstream and profitable.

2 comments:

  1. Great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information, thanks for sharing.
    Solar Panel Home Cost
    Solar Roof Tiles
    Solar Albuquerque

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@outlook.com lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete